Monday, October 26, 2015

aztec pattern painted pumpkins

I've been painting pumpkins during the fall for a very long time- so long that I kinda consider myself a pioneer of pumpkin painting! Back in 2010 my pretty painted pumpkins tutorial went viral and since then it has become a yearly tradition of mine to come up with a variety of unique pumpkin tutorials with the hope to inspire others to push the boundaries with paint and a pumpkin! 

Every year I like to try and come up with some kind of pattern to paint on my pumpkins. I think pattern pumpkins have become my favorite to create and display on our porch! This year I thought it would be fun to make some aztec pattern pumpkins. 

Typically when I create most of my painted pumpkins I don't make much of a plan- I simply jump right in but these designs (even though they are pretty simple) I sketched out and planned.
When it comes to painting pumpkins, I always start with a base coat. I used black for the large pumpkin and once it was dry, I sketched out my design with a white paint pen. The rest was basically filling in that design with color and small embellishments.

Even though these pumpkins are a little more simple than most of my others, I LOVE the way they turned out! They are colorful, bold and a really fun fall accent.
Looking for more pumpkin decorating inspiration? 

You can read all about what I call "the art of decorating a pumpkin" HERE

OR 

check out all of the different pumpkin decorating tutorials below!








9 comments:

Stephanie said...

These as gorgeous!!! The color combinations are so pretty! I always look forward to your pumpkin painting posts!

Unknown said...

I think the beach pumpkins and the lace pumpkins are my fav! I love how you've turned these pumpkins into a blank canvas. I will have to try one for my place.

Barb said...

No one creates pumpkin art like you. Everyone is just a standout. I have enjoyed them over the years.
Barb
NC

studioGypsy said...

oh beautiful! xo

AnoushkaD said...

One of your pumpkins made me think about the Teal Pumpkin Project which addresses the fact that children suffering from allergies or other food restrictions cannot really enjoy Hallowe'en unless we have on hand a few non-food treats for them. Great work Alysa!

Elisabetta Brustio said...

Bello anche questo stile! Parlo di te anche sul mio blog e scopro, con piacere, che sei apprezzata e conosciuta tra le mie lettrici italiane! Grande Alisa!

Wonderful this style! I talk about you even on my blog and I discover, with delight, that you are appreciated and known in my Italian readers! Great Alisa!

Unknown said...

Thanks you for this post… great information.
Bookmyshow T20 Cricket World Cup Tickets Buy
ICC T20 World Cup 2016 Qualifier Venues Groups

Unknown said...

icc t20 world cup schedule 2016
icc t20 world cup fixtures 2016
icc t20 world cup tickets 2016

Unknown said...


icc t20 world cup
world cup t20
t20 cricket world cup

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails